Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm Finally Getting it, you Know Writing....

Today I decided to watch a movie from Netflix, and I've been meaning to watch Revenge of the Bridesmaid, so that's what I did. Mine you, I wanted to just watch a movie and not think about the writing format, you know, what a script should have: inciting incident, key incident, plot point I, midpoint, plot point II.

Yeah, I didn't want to think about that. All I wanted to do was watch a movie and enjoy it. But something happened. Something exciting!

I enjoyed the movie. Frankly I would see it again, but that's not the point...

What's truly important is that as I watched the movie, I was able to spot all the small scenes, and dialogue, that made the movie flow, that made it transition from one point to another. I knew where the inciting and key incident where. I also figured out what plot point 1&2 dealt with, and of course what scene made the midpoint.

By the end of the movie I was all giddy!

I finally can spot these important things without really thinking about them.

Hard work does pay off! And also reading a bunch of scripts.

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...