Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Week in a Post and Something Else

So this week I started my Script Analysis and Criticism class; I had to read three scripts: The Princess Bride, Taxi Driver, and The Sweet Hereafter.

The Sweet Hereafter was for this week's class discussion, which was something else. I haven't seen the movie, so it was an interesting read since it jumps from one event to another. I will not lie to you, there were times when I was reading that I would get SO confused. 

I did do some research on the movie though, and it was well received actually, so that was a surprised for me. Am I going to watch the movie?

Well, no. It wasn't one of those, "OMG! I have to see it" type of script. Then again, we all have different tastes Tuzki Bunny Emoticon.

Now the reason for the three scripts was because I then had to choose between Taxi Driver and The Princess Bride for this week's analyzing assignment.


And I chose........

 Yeah, I went with The Princess Bride and loved it! In fact, I rented the movie through Amazon.com, which is a great resource when I can't wait for Netflix, plus the price was decent.

The funny thing is that I just recently stumbled upon Amazon's Video on Demand!

Since when has it been there?

Anyways, the assignment was fun to do and I was exposed to a different way of looking at a script. Actually, I don't think I would mind analyzing scripts as a freelancer later on!





Now for the Something Else


So I finally had time to read Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman (I'm halfway through the book!!!!!!) while I was working earlier today, and as I was reading... I don't think I would've been able to deal with Spider the way Fat Charlie did! and then there was Spider just came and turned Fat Charlie's life upside down. Gosh... what a drag! came to mind.


I'm a Neil Gaiman fan, it can't be helped!Tuzki Bunny Emoticon

Have a wonderful week.





Till Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...