Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Where I Practice with Scene Headings


FADE IN:

EXT. OUTDOOR MALL - AFTERNOON

The RAIN has caught some SHOPPERS off guard; others pull their umbrellas out. One YOUNG WOMAN is not even aware of it. All she is doing is walking with no real direction. Her name is CHLOE, 30, pretty and a sweetheart, someone that goes by self-help books.

We FOLLOW Chloe until she stops in front of a jewelry store. Her hand covers the ring on the window with great emotion.

CHLOE (V.O.)
Michael!
She closes her eyes.

FLASHBACK - EXT. NAVAL BASE - MORNING

MICHAEL, 23, attractive and caring, someone that gives his all to his partner turns and sees Chloe running towards him, ready to leap. He places his bag on the ground and catches her.
MICHAEL
God, Chloe. I missed you.
Chloe giggles as she is being twirl.
MICHAEL (CONT’D)
I’m sorry it took longer than expected.
CHLOE
No, it’s fine. You’re here now. That’s all that matters.

Michael puts her down and passionately kisses her.

EXT. OUTDOOR MALL - AFTERNOON (BACK TO PRESENT)

Through the reflection from the window WE SEE Chloe’s tears.

FADE OUT:

So what do you think happened?

Scene headings have always been a bit challenging for me, so with practice, it will get there. Any feedback is always welcome.

Yes, there's more to this short scene. Let me know if you want the rest.


Till next time,

Eva

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad you liked it! And yes, it's one of those options =). I might continue since I tend to to bits and pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok why the heck was my post removed? Your welcome and I would really like to see more. :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm.. I don't know but Esther, I switched to Wordpress. I hope you follow me there instead ^_^. I'm definitely going to try different things ext year.

    Here's the link:


    evasaid.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...