Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

About a Book and Nonsense


I know, I know... I haven't post it anything, but I do have a good excuse! errr... okay, I don't 

So what I wanted to write about today was the book I am reading for class this month, Heroes & Villains. I will admit,  I'm the type of person that will give a book a chance, but once it looses my interest I really don't open it again. This was one of the books that lost my interest. I mean I read half of the book, but there were just parts that lost me, plus it had bits and pieces of theology (something I'm not interested in...) so maybe I was just being bias? I mean, we can't all like the same thing right? Tuzki Bunny Emoticon 

Personally I think they should've chosen a book like Campbell's The Hero With A Thousand Faces. This was a character development course and I think his book would've been a better choice.  

Just saying...


About Nonsense  

So as I was driving to work this past week I started to reminiscing about my childhood, well parts of it :laughs: I don't know about any of you, but when I was in elementary school, and it was vacation time my parents made us copy words from the dictionary and made us do one or two paragraphs on a country or animal we didn't know about... Yup! my parents loved to buy those darn encyclopedias .

There were times when I personally hated it but it was challenging so maybe it was a 50-50 feeling. A love/hate relationship?

But now I see kids and well they don't get challenged at home. One is lucky if they pick a book to read or if the parents make the kid pick a book to read. It's just interesting how times have changed...

A short post but I do hope it was at least fun to read :)

Till next time,

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...