Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

So What School Do I Attend Anyways!




So as many of you can see, I've done a few changes to my blog. But the biggest one is somewhere on your right. I have placed a 'Reading now' and 'I recommend' column. The reason is because as readers and writers we should all share with each other some of our favorite books or comics as well as reference books that we go to when needed.

As many of you know, I am in the process of getting my Masters in Creative Writing online. So far I've had some ups and downs, but I am learning quite a lot. In fact I've been having many 'AHA!' moments and I've been enjoying them.

But what you don't know is what school am I attending or how I get my books and such. Well I figure I let you all know today Tuzki Bunny Emoticon.


"Finally you are telling us!"


I know! I know! I'm sorry... :chuckles:


Anyhoo! I'm attending Full Sail University and it's not the easiest. I'm in an accelerated program so every month I have a different course. The courses I have had so far are the following: 

  • The Art of Visual Storytelling 
  • Multimedia Terms and Genres
  • Literary Research (which is a pain!!!)

The one class I will begin on Monday is Character Creation and Development


The courses I have left in the program are:

  • Script Analysis and Criticism
  • Film Screenwriting and Storyboarding
  • Writing for Games (I like games =o)
  • Storytelling and Storyboarding for Animation
  • Editing for Film, Games, and Animation Scripts
  • Creative Writing Portfolio (Gah! I must have started on my script >_<)
  • Creative Writing Portfolio (I must have my script completed by now! )
  • The Business of Creative Writing


Yeah, it might be overwhelming since so much is required from us, but the instructors are always there for you and they are willing to hear you out and help you as well. 



For those of you who might have an idea about Full Sail know that it's not cheap, but I see this as an investment. Besides this is like everything else... I need to sell my talent and let everyone know that I am capable of doing the work.


And believe me, in the small amount of time I've been here I have learned so much! 


As for textbooks, I get a shipment every month of the books I will need; of course some instructors prefer ebooks.


So far some of these books have been helpful, others have not made an impact, so I'm thinking of creating haul videos about the books I get each month or the books I personally get for fun and for reference reasons. There aren't many of them on YouTube :laughs:


This is a long post as is, so I will break down why I chose the books I did on a following blog. So that's all for today and wish you all a great week!


 Till next time,



Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...