Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking Back

I suppose I  am a born novelist, for the things that I imagine are more vital and vivid to me than the things I remember.--Ellen Glasgow
2010 was an interesting year for me; it showed me what exactly it is that I needed to do and what path I needed to take...

Ever since I was young, my elementary teachers (my 5th grade teacher most of all) would always tell my parents that they should encourage me to continue on writing. I will admit, I did write interesting stories, but that's because I really didn't think my life was as exciting as the ones my classmates had.

Well, or so I thought.

Yeah, I was rather odd--I still am, but when I was young I was an introvert, and I preferred a good book  that would take me to far off lands or sit down and write on my journals and watch my stories unfold...

Of course I come from an artistic background so everyone was into music and arts, which till this days most of my relatives are, but not me... In fact, I wanted to be noncreative. I really don't know why that was... but in the end, after taking the long path and not enjoying it, I came back to where I was once.

I came back to my writing.

So in a way, my New Year's Resolution might consist of many goals, but the one thing I want to focus on the most is my writing.

Sure I'm not introvert anymore. In fact, I'm not who I was, but who I am now is what will help me on this path I have finally decided to take on. The one path I was avoiding for a few years now actually...

I have so much to learn, but that's okay since I'm actually willing.

So 2011, I guess I've been waiting for you the most.


Wish you all a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...