Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

What I'll Be Doing Every Wednesday Night

So as I mentioned in my last post, I did something last Wednesday night. And no, it wasn't bad or naughty :laughs:

As many of you know, I want to one day write and hopefully publish a comic :) and I accidentally stumbled upon this one comic store in Hollywood named Meltdown Comics. You should check their site.

Anyways! They have, what they named, Meltdown University, and they offer drawing and writing course for those interested in the comic industry. Yup! They do! So of course I was interested!

Yes, I have to pay a fee every Wednesday, but I think that in the long run, it will be worth it.

RunDown

Basically, by the end of the mini-session, we should have created a short comic. No, it won't be published, but it will give me a better understanding on comics as a whole, and THAT is worth a lot more. I want to understand the world of comics, and be able to know what exactly it is that I need, to AT LEAST have a chance out there. He will also talk about how to find an illustrator who would be willing to work with us :) so I'm looking forward to that.

But seriously, last Wednesday was hilarious because at first it was two guys and myself. So I know they felt rather awkward :laughs:  I was feeling out of place too, but later on, another lady joined, so that was pretty cool.

 A lot more women should check out comics and video games though...

And! AND!

There was this tall, dark, and handsome man, who is a professional illustrator, and a frequent customer of that store and...

Whoah!

Back to business shall we? Tuzki Bunny Emoticon


We didn't do much last Wednesday, so I don't want to bored my dear readers with nonsense, but the instructor made us purchased a comic that we will be studying for storytelling purposes. Here, have a look:
This here is a French comic by Jacques Tardi
Have you seen so much dialogue before???





So from what he told us, comics in France (or was it Europe in general?) are very different then American comics. Not only are the comics hardcover, but dialogue tends to be lengthier don't you agree?

I'm really looking forward to every Wednesday from now on, and I hope to share it with all of you :).

So till next time,

Happy Writing!

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...