Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Belated Thanksgiving and a Long Post on Books

:waves: Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break. I know I did! :grins:

I actually decided to just take it easy the past few days. All my deadlines for this week were moved to next Wednesday, but of course, I was diligent and did all my work.

I CAN'T get behind.

Although today, I went back to work-mode. One of my assignments was regarding dialogue.

Basically, I had to spend at least an hour in a particular place and listen to people's conversation. If a dialogue caught my attention I needed to write it down. Now, I needed five of those, and well, we as human do have short attention span, so I found my own way of sustaining those dialogues. Tuzki Bunny Emoticon


It was interesting and I am considering on doing this again. As a writer (and this goes especially for those trying to become writers themselves), one NEEDS to pay close attention to the way people communicate with each other. Not everyone will speak the same, there are times when the environment determines the type of dialogue. 


For example:


If you are the type of person who hasn't stepped into an Arts and Crafts store, by all means, go. Walk around for at least 30 minutes and just listen and observe. For many, this might sound like if we are stalking...but seriously... we are not. This, my fellow writer, will prep you for what is to come. It is after all, research, and every writer does this. I'm not kidding. 


So make sure you do your research.




On A Side Note


Yesterday I received:








I haven't read DeathNote or PandoraHearts v.2 but I so DID read My Girlfriend's a Geek. 


Seriously my dearies! I recommend MGG if all you need is a good laugh. 


So...what's the story about?


Glad you asked. Basically PENTABU is a guy blogger who wrote about his relationship with a geek...well I should say, a Fujoshi geek. And even though it is hiarious, there are times when his girlfriend gets me upset. I mean, yay! he accepted your hobby, but give the guy a break :shakes head: 


Oh well, who am I to judge.


But for YOU to have a good laugh there are a few prerequisites:

  1. You are a fujoshi
  2. You know a fujoshi
  3. You know what fujoshi means
  4. You are/have dated a fujoshi
Do you meet any of them?

If you did... get the book!

If you didn't...yeah...don't bother... it won't make sense. But if you want to give it a try, by all means.

But I did warn you....

Now yesterday I was browsing around...searching for BN discount coupons and I found one my friends :'D. A 30% off coupon! 30%!!!!!!!

Anyways....

So what did I get... I got this!!



I did go on a book shopping spree didn't I? :sighs: oh well. As long as I have no regrets then its a-okay!

Till next time,

Eva




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...